Saturday, June 28, 2008

HOPE - NOT SHAME!

Isaiah prophecied to Believers throughout the ages that GOD IS THE LORD; THEY SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED THAT WAIT FOR HIM! (Isaiah 49:23)




God admonishes us to look unto Abraham our father, and unto Sarah that bore you, for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him. The Apostle Paul said that if we believe in Yeshua we are Abraham's seed. Whether spiritual or physical seed, Abraham is our father and we fall under the promises given to him.



Abraham was called alone. He was blessed and increased. I want to be blessed and increased; it is the called alone part that is troubling at times! Elijah sat outside of a cave in despair as Jezebelle sought his life. Paul spent several years in the wilderness being taught of the LORD. Moses spent 40 years in the wilderness before he started his calling, and then he was stuck 40 additional years in the wilderness with a rebellious nation!



Why do I think I would be different? Time spent in the wilderness is not a waste in God's eyes. His desire is that we know and fully trust Him. We have nothing to be ashamed of in regard to our success or failure in man's estimation. How much do we know God? How intimate have we become with Him?




At times the wilderness can be a dark and scary place. Isaiah 50:10 speaks of this and encourages us. " Those among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon His God." He will keep us in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him.



Our confidence in the coming days of turmoil is an assurance that His word is as true as the sun rising after the night. He promises us that He is the LORD; for they shall not be ashamed that wait for Me. " ( Isaiah 49:23)


" For the LORD God will help me;
therefore shall I not be confounded;
therefore have I set my face like a flint,
and I know that I shall not be ashamed."
Isaiah 50:3)



My song of the weekend is ~ MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS!~

* The third verse of this hymn is special this evening. Several hours ago we had a violent storm pass through our area. I looked out of our door and watched the 60 - 100 ft. trees dance in the wind from the ground up; like tall grass being blown around! Quite an awesome sight to behold. I was reminded that God says He has His way in a storm. I take Him at His word! I prayed while watching out of the doors and windows of our home that we would be protected. As I finished the prayer a large tree broke off almost at ground level and fell AWAY for our house and vehicles parked in the driveway. Another large limb fell harmelessly in between two bird feeders and our home! Another large tree fell just outside of the fenced in area for our dogs!
Truly, as the song says " His oath, His covenant, His blood Support me in the orwhelming flood, In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil..."




My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.



When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.



His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.



When He shall come with trumpet sound
O may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,,
Faultless to stand before the throne.



CHORUS~
ON CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK I STAND;
ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND,
ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND.

No comments: