Sunday, January 9, 2011

HIS Hand - Not Ours

I am 56 years old; I love to write, and fight with words for what I think is right and proper. Christ speaks of "righteousness" repeatedly in the words He spoke while here on earth. I have seen success in many battles fought over the years while coming to the defense of what I deemed a worthy cause.


Before I sit down to write anything I remind myself that the worlds were created with a WORD from God. Things that did not exist from eternities past were created by Him with one breath! What an awesome thought.


Our words have great effect in both the physical and spiritual realm. We will not realize until we stand in His Presence what we have said during our life, and what we should have said and the results of our speech. I desire that God set a guard over the roof of my mouth not once in a while, but daily!


I am not of the "name it and claim it" crew. If we desire anything in His Name, if it is to our benefit, Christ said we can move mountains if we believe. The underlying condition of this concept, this truth, is that it will not happen if it does not bring glory and praise to His Name. It is all about HIM, not us.


I love Psalm 109:26 - 27 ~

" Help me, O LORD my God:
Save me according to Thy mercy:

(why?)

" that they may know that this is Thy hand:
That Thou LORD hath done it..."


I deeply believe that when we struggle in ourselves to make things happen that God in His ultimate wisdom allows us to exhaust every avenue to show us that it will not happen, the answers will not come unless He molds the events and intervenes on our behalf. There are lessons to be learned in unanswered prayers. Events such as this truly reveal what is in the depths of our souls.


When the answer does come, whether yea or nay, we will know that it is really from God; He is the only One who opens a door and no one can shut it; or He closes a door and no one opens it. May God give us the spiritual insight to perceive His answers!


When the answer to our prayers does come what should our response be? As King David again in Psalm 109 says,
" Let them (the enemy) curse, but bless Thou;
when they arise, let them be ashamed: but let Thy servant rejoice.
I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth;
yea, I will praise Him among the multitude..."



It is all of His hand; not ours. Everything centers around Him. He is a jealous God; jealous of His love for us and our love for Him. When Israel greatly sinned and grieved His heart in the Wilderness and on other occasions God spoke of His sorrow in terms of a marriage going sour or a child in total rebellion. He guards us continually from pride, which was Satan's downfall, and will play out events and our prayers to the point that we will know without a doubt that the answer came from Him, not our own efforts.


Job 37:7 says, " He sealeth up the hand of every man; that all men may know HIS work..."


Our duty is to shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause; let them say continually, LET THE LORD BE MAGNIFIED, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of His servant. My tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of Thy praise all the day long...." (Psalm 35:27,28)


The LORD loves judgment ( righteousness ) and He does not forsake His saints; they are preserved forever but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. This is our duty; to trust, obey, believe and worship the Creator of all things; both seen and unseen. From the very ends of the universe, if there is even an end, to the very hairs on our head, as this troubled planet spins out of control, He is in total control and everything serves His purposes.


We are in good hands! He is our Father and He loves us more than we will ever know. Thank Him today for that fact.


No comments: