Sunday, May 25, 2008

SONGS TO GOD

And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. (Isaiah 35:10)



Believers in Yeshua, along with Israel, are a ransomed nation! Through songs of praise to our God we obtain joy and gladness; not for a short season, but everlasting joy will be upon our heads. No matter the circumstance, sorrow and sighing flee away as we offer praise and song to our Father.



The use of song is as old as the creation of planet earth.



When God appeared before Job in the whirlwind He asks, "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Where were you when it was measured? Where were you when a line was stretched upon it and the foundations and cornerstone was laid? When the morning stars sang together and all of the sons of God sang for joy? (Job 38:4-7)



Psalm 50:23 says " whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me; and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God."



I've dusted off several old hymnal's from my childhood. They have been sitting on a bookshelf. I am refreshing my memories of days gone by with songs of praise and glory to God. The old hymns come to mind as I am working in my yard, around the house, and on my job. Although I may not sing out loud, (which is a good thing!), the LORD hears the praise and melody in my heart. The words bring praise for deliverance, thanks for salvation, as I magnify Him in song and word. My faith is increased, grows deeper in Him, and enables me to handle whatever comes along the way.



On very bad days, God promises if we call upon Him in the day of trouble; He will deliver us, and we will glorify Him...whosoever offers praise glorifies Him. He instructs us to even glorify Him in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel to the isles of the sea. From the uttermost parts of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. (Isaiah 24:15)



When we fail and fall short of our calling; or feel we are being chastened by the LORD (those He loves He chastens, like a father chastens a child) Isaiah 12:1,2 says, " And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise Thee: though Thou wast angry with me, Thine anger is turned away, and Thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation."



In daytime or night, in light or darkness, even in the darkest night His song shall be with me, and my prayer goes unto the God of my life. (Psalm 42:8) He is our hiding place; He will preserve us from trouble; He shall encompass us about with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7)



SONGS OF THE PAST:
Nehemiah 12
"From the days of David and Asaph of old there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God." verse 43 says that in the days of great sacrifices being offered by the people, rejoicing for God made them rejoice with even greater joy! The wives and the children rejoiced so loud that the joy of Jerusalem was heard even afar off!




SONGS OF THE FUTURE:
Revelation 15:3
And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are Thy works, Lord God Almighty, just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints.



Who shall not glorify Thy name? For Thou only art holy; for all nations shall come and worship before Thee; for Thy judgments are made manifest.




Our duty? Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and His praise in the congregation of the saints. (Psalm 149:1)



SONG OF CREATION
" Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof: let the fields rejoice, and all that is therein. Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because He cometh to judge the earth."



"O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good;
for His mercy endureth for ever.
And say ye,
Save us, O God of our salvation,
and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen,
that we may give thanks to Thy holy name,
and glory in Thy praise."



" Blessed be the LORD God of Israel forever and ever.
And all the people said, Amen, and praised the LORD." ( 1 Chronicles 16:32-36)




As we prepare for the days ahead; as He comes to establish His Kingdom of righteousness, as the forces of evil fight their last great battle against all that is Holy, it is high time to break out the old hymnals and memorize the glorious hymns of the past along with the Song's of Jacob and deliverance over the centuries sung by Israel in the Prophets and the Psalms. Most have been put to music and are availible on Messianic websites; GALILEE OF THE NATIONS comes to mind. These together, with the great hymns of faith bring the ages past and the present age together in one great song of praise to the Creator of all things! Our Father, Blessed is He!!



~ MY SONG'S FOR TODAY ~
MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
Ray Palmer 1830 Lowell Mason 1832
" My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb
of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day Be wholly Thine! "
" May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee,
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire! "
" While life's dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn today,
Wipe sorrow's tears away,
Nor let me ever stray,
From Thee aside. "
" When ends life's transient dream,
When death's cold, and sullen stream,
Shall o'er me roll;
Blest Savior , then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
a ransomed soul! "
Amen
~ B'tzel K'nafeicha ~
words and music by Karen Davis
2001 Galilee of the Nations Music
" In Your secret place
I will hide
In the shadow of Your wings
I will abide
In the dark of the night
You will be my guide
Though a thousand may fall
at my side
My heart will not fear
For You are near. "
(Psalms 57:1, 91:1,2 92:2)

No comments: