Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Flood

As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be before the coming of the Son of Man. There is a sense in the spiritual world among many Believers that those days approach; if not already here. The Bible speaks of a time when men will be totally consumed with survival, at any cost, that they will consume their own flesh to keep things as they are. They will not offer assistance to those in need, because they have no supply or assistance to give. A fear factor sets into the human equation and they end up consuming themselves, spiritually, mentally and financially.


I think often of the wise and foolish virgins in the parable of Christ. The wise would not share their oil; not out of greed, but because of great fear that they would run out themselves.


What is the purpose of Believer's in these last of days? The Torah portion read in synagogues across the world this Sabbath gives a verse that sheds light on the desire of God. We live in a day when whole nations are in between either mercy or judgment. Israel was in the same position in the days of the Prophet Samuel. Samuel reiterated for Israel the sins of the past and their foolishness of sitting aside God as King and choosing King Saul instead. But, even with this history behind Israel, Samuel said, " Moreover, as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and right way..." (1 Samuel 12:23).


It is a sin before God when one does not intercede for others. No matter their sin, no matter their offense, no matter the number of times, we are to lift up their names before God, who is merciful, forgiving and full of compassion. Perhaps, by His Spirit He will take charge of the person's captivity, sin, and despair and set them free. Some claim the position of being priests and kings before God. The function of a Priest before God is not only to minister unto Him, but to offer intense intercession on behalf of the people. Am I doing this? Do I have a severe burden for the lost in my family, my friends and my nation?


Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before God and interceded for the people who had arrogantly rebelled against their leadership. Is this the intercessory heart that beats within my chest? Or would I rather fight back, justify and defend myself?



" God, forgive me, for not having a full understanding that it pleased You to afflict Your Son with my sins and having a full understanding and comprehension that He poured out His soul, everything that He was on my behalf, even unto death. A cursed death because it was on a cross. If I am also a child of God am I expected to do less? Have I continued in the afflictions of Christ?"


The flood approaches, the Bridegroom has tarried, the oil is running low; do I have enough?
Do I intercede for others? This is the calling of that is acceptable to God. Time has been lost; never to be recovered. My He allow me to redeem the times when I have been unwilling, or to ignorant to interceed.

No comments: