Monday, February 8, 2010

Dominion

Genesis 1:28 says God gave Adam dominion over the fish of the sea, the fowl of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth. The only thing God did not give Adam dominion over was himself! This dominion belonged to God.


Adam was to develop and grow in wisdom and stature as he obeyed God's rule over him. He was not to use his own wisdom upon himself, dependent upon himself. He was to have depended upon God.


Satan came along and questioned what God had said. He still does this to us today.
We can read the promises of the Word of God, claim them and proclaim the victory, only to have the exact opposite thing happen for a season. The enemy, as he has for thousands of years, asks us, "did God really say this or mean this?" or " this promise was not for you..."


As Believers we will be tested and tried. The enemy is relentless. But if we have the same mindset as was in Christ when He was tempted of Satan we will succeed, as did Christ. The secret to the victory of Christ as our example is what He said in reply to Satan and those he sent ~

" The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do; for whatsoever things He does, these also do I do..." John 5:19

or verse 30, Christ said " I can of mine own self do nothing; as I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the Father that sent Me..."


This principle of total dependence upon the Father is again exhibited in John 7:16 "My doctrine is not Mine, but His that sent Me...again in John 8:28 and 14:10, " When ye have lifted up the Son of Man, then shall ye know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father hath taught Me, I speak these things..."


Notice what Christ said, "As My Father hath taught Me!" What an amazing statement coming from Christ! Are we not also in the school of the Father? Are we smarter than the Christ, thinking that we can learn spiritual things on our own, doing our own will, hoping He will bless it?


In verse 10 Christ opens up the way to true life for us, " Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself: but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the work."


It is the same with us. We must not be like the first Adam and allow the enemy to lie to us. God gave us dominion over many things; this has existed since He first blew the breath of life into the nostrils of Adam.


The secret is to know that the one thing Believers do not have dominion over is ourselves! We were bought with a very precious price in the eyes of God. The blood of His only begotten Son.


We are learning every day of our lives. The Spirit of God is our Guide, Teacher and Comforter. Remember that all dominion, power and honor goes to God and God alone.

"

No comments: