Thursday, July 22, 2010

SAFE and SECURE

I have been reading John 17 for two weeks now and I see something different each time. This prayer of Christ to the Father on our behalf is beyond human comprehension. The Holy Spirit has to do a work in the sphere of my understanding to get a full revelation of what Christ is saying. It is so profound!


I would like to give several of Matthew Henry's comments on just one or two sentences Christ said in His prayer ~


Christ keeps us in God's Name. This implies that we are weak and cannot keep ourselves. Our own hands are not sufficient for us. We are each, in God's account valuable and worth keeping! We are precious in the sight of the Father; His treasures, His jewels.


Our salvation has been designed by Him - for this reason we are kept. 1 Peter 1:5 says, " Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."


Just as the wicked are reserved for the day of evil - so the righteous are preserved for the day of bliss. We are the charge of the LORD Jesus Christ, His responsibility, as it were; He keeps us, He protects and shelters us, He has secured our salvation and has exposed Himself to us as the Good Shepherd for the preservation of the sheep.


Jesus said, " And I give unto them eternal life (it is His to give) and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. (John 10:28) He also said, "And this is My Father's will which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing but should raise it up again at the last day.



Furthermore, Christ said "of them which Thou hast given Me, I have lost none!"


* Where on earth can we find such safety, such security, such comfort! We are truly children of the Living God!

No comments: