Monday, August 8, 2011

Our Foundations

Psalm 89:34,35

My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of My lips. Once have I sworn by My holiness that I will not lie unto David.


Psalm 18
Great deliverance giveth He to His king, and showeth mercy to His anointed;
to David and to his seed forevermore.


Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.


Galatians 3:7
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.


I use some of these passages of Scripture as a foundation for my prayers. We are of the seed of Abraham. Jew or Gentile, we as Believers are part of the spiritual commonwealth of Israel. God does not change; He is the same forevermore. What He promised one He promises to all who are now in Christ Jesus.


He has promised to cover us with His feathers, and under His wings we will trust. His truth is our shield and buckler. We shall not be afraid of the terror by night nor for the arrow that flies by day. Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness; nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.


A thousand shall fall at our side and ten thousand at our right hand; but it shall not come near us.


Because we have made the LORD our place of Refuge, even the Most High our habitation. He has given His angels charge over us to keep us in all of our ways. Because we have set our love upon Him He will set us on high because we have known his Name. We will call upon Him and He has promised to answer us. He is with us when we are in trouble and will deliver us and honor us.


What precious promises for each one of us! What more could we want?


STANDING ON THE PROMISES ~ R. Kelso Carter 1849-1928


1. Standing on the promises of Christ my King,


Through eternal ages let His praises ring;


glory in the highest I will shout and sing,


Standing on the promises of God.



2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,


When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,


By the living Word of God I shall prevail,


Standing on the promises of God.



3. Standing on the promises I now can see,


Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;


Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,


Standing on the promises of God.



4. Standing on the promises of Christ the LORD,


Bound to Him eternally by loves strong cord,


Overcoming daily with the Spirit's sword,


Standing on the promises of God.



5. Standing on the promises I cannot fall,


Listening every moment to the Spirit's call,


Resting in my Saviour, as my all in all,


Standing on the promises of God.



CHORUS


Standing, standing, standing on the promises of God my Saviour;


Standing, standing, I'm standing on the promises of God.




No comments: