Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Storm Named Sandy

  • Three hundred foot trees down in our yard after storm. Last evening, my dear Friend and Brother, a 92 year old Pastor prayed with us over the phone for protection during the storm and that the electric would stay on. Prayer works! One of the trees brushed up against our home; we hear it fall as the storm blew through. Others fell in the yard; all away from our home. God has His way in all of the storms of life we encounter. We will never, ever have our faith increase unless we go through these things. My heart jumped in my throat several times, that is the human aspect of trials and storms, but calmness came only when I kept my mind stayed on God. We are given a precious promise by God, "I WILL KEEP YOU IN PERFECT PEACE if you keep your mind stayed (focused) only on ME."

No comments: