Monday, February 18, 2008

REJOICE NOT-MINE ENEMY

No matter the mistakes and sin in my past life. As long as I realize that God has forgiven and has determined to reverse the mistaken course I have taken in the past, He is faithful to forgive, restore, and repair. The promise below is for Israel, and for those who are of spiritual Israel, after repentance of past sin. Yes, we reap what we sow, we will sit in darkness for a season, the Scripture below explains the process:


MICAH 7:7-9

" Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against Him, until He plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold His righteousness."


With Israel, both natural and spiritual, MICAH 7:15-20 promises:


"According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt (my life of rebellion and unbelief)
will I show unto him marvellous things. The nations (Satan and evil forces) shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf."


"They (the enemy) shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the LORD our God, and shall fear because of thee. Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger forever, because He delights in mercy."


He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities: and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depts of the sea. Thou wilt perform the truth of Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which Thou has sworn unto our fathers from the days of old."


These ancient attributes of our Father are as real today as if they were published just yesterday. God changes not. As Believers in the God of Israel we have the right and duty as His children to remind Him of His promises. I use them in prayer on a daily basis.

No comments: