Monday, March 3, 2008

FEET LIKE HIND'S FEET

I feel no man in Scripture, other than Yeshua, had to endure such a long list of troubles than King David. He was chased and threatened with death repeatedly by a reprobate King Saul. He was chastized for taking a census in Israel. That census resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands in Israel.


David feigned madness in the enemy camp of the Philistines while running from Saul. He was even rejected by the rulers of the Philistines! The enemy did not even want him around; much less his brethren.


His own son, Absolom turned against him. David had to flee Jerusalem with his household to save his own life.


How do my troubles and issues measure up against this man David? My troubles, aches, pains and disappointments pale in comparison. I have serious issues, troubles and problems that seem insurmountable quite often.


What was the end result of David's issues during his life? The most beautiful book of psalms, prayers, and worship literature ever put to pen. These psalms are a result of his life experiences; both pleasant and bad. All events and circumstances influenced his mindset in the same way as the events and circumstances influence mine.


There were times when he cried "God, where are you?" "Why have you forsaken me?" or "What have I done to deserve this, I have been faithful?"


I ask the same questions.


But what is of most importance is what the conclusion of my events, circumstances, and trials are. God has made promises to those who believe in Him. They are as true and sure as the sun coming up tomorrow morning. I have to daily remind myself, in whatever circumstance, that His promises are true; they are for me as sure as they were for King David.


The eventual result when looking back on dire circumstances of the past during times of praise for deliverance, even while in the fires, I would have to say like King David-


For THOU ART MY LAMP, O LORD;
AND THE LORD WILL LIGHTEN MY DARKNESS.


For BY THEE I HAVE RUN THROUGH A TROOP;
BY MY GOD HAVE I LEAPED OVER A WALL.

HE MAKETH MY FEET LIKE HINDS' (deer) FEET
AND SETTETH ME UPON MY HIGH PLACES. (2 Samuel 11:29,34)

Think of this verse, pick it apart-

* Why would we need a lamp unless we have experienced darkness?


* Why would we need to run through a troop unless we were surrounded, at times?


* Why would we need feet like deer feet, which give them the ability to prance over the
hills and obstacles in they meet along their way?


* Why would we need high places, and why would they be so blessed unless we have spent
time in the valley?


Through Him, we have the ability to rise above every obstacle and barrier. It is a battle but He enables us to rise above and conquer all that comes in the way of living for Him.


Psalm 18:28,29,33,34

" For Thou wilt light my candle;
the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
For by Thee I have run through a troop;
and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
He teacheth my hands to war,
so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
He maketh my feet like hinds' feet,
and setteth me upon my high places."


Habakkuk 3:19

"The LORD God is my strength,
and He will make my feet like hinds' feet,
and He will make me to walk upon my high places..."


In His presence is our strength, when we are weak in body.

He makes our feet like hinds' feet, when we are weary in spirit-

When we are in darkness, He is our candle-

When we are surrounded by a troop of problems He will give us power to run through them-

When we come upon a wall He will give strength to jump over it-

Through our battles He strengthens us and gives us arms of iron-

In His Presence is fullness of joy! Glorify God IN THE FIRES. Memorize His promises, I have been going through old hymnals written by men and women, many of whom died in poverty or prison. These songs are going to be important in the coming days.

A good example of this is a hymn by Haratio G. Spafford - 1828-1888. He traveled to England to preach and his wife and two daughters followed some time later. The ship in which they were traveling sunk in a storm and he lost his entire family; while doing God's work. He wrote this hymn a little later as he sailed past the area where his family perished.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot,
Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
Though Satan should buffett,
tho' trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin oh, the bliss of this glorious thought:
My sin not in part,
but in whole
Is nailed to the cross and I hear it no more,
Praise the LORD, Praise the LORD, O my soul!
And, LORD,
hast the day when the faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll,
The trump shall resound and the LORD shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.
CHORUS:
It is well with my soul,
It is well, It is well
with my soul.

No comments: