Sunday, March 23, 2008

POWERS THAT BE

It seems my daily, sometimes mundane battles are not important. But, during times of inactivity my mind is still being influenced by circumstances and surroundings. Until I reach the heavenly shore there is an enemy trying to influence my thoughts, prayers, and praise to God.


This week at home and work I find myself singing old Christmas carols. It is March, spring is here, and I am singing Christmas carols? These old hymns that celebrate the birth of Christ should be sung year round. He is my Protector, my strong Rock, my High Tower. It is because of Him that I will soon have the ability to skip over every mountain in my life.


As things I am used to fall apart in the natural sense, God is bringing a heavenly mindset to the fore. Daily I am reminded as I read and watch the news of possible calamities that my citizenship is NOT HERE! I am a sojourner, a traveler, a heavenly representative to the lost and dying.


In my humanity forces array themselves against everything that speaks of or worship and praise to the Creator. This is the battleground. I am reminded often that no flesh shall glory in the presence of God. It is my duty to allow these powers that be to destroy my fleshly mindset; then I can concentrate and magnify the spiritual man; eventually to His likeness.


The road is always steep and fraught with danger. Without Him there is no hope. But I have the promises of the Spirit of God speaking through the Apostle Paul -


Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which in in Christ Jesus our Lord.



This verse pretty well covers all of the bases!


Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord; in whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of Him.



These powers that be have to be going crazy as they see the forgiveness, grace and mercy God bestows on His children here on earth. He has an eternal purpose for each of us; it is all in Christ Jesus. Our boldness, access to the throne and confidence is by faith in Him.


Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ( heavenly, spiritual realms)


Christ has already defeated these powers that be. The Father left them here to sharpen my senses, purify and put the fleshly man to death, and to become a chaste virgin for His soon to return Son. A Bride without spot or wrinkle. Washed in the blood of the Lamb.


He is a refiner of His sons and daughters. As I pass through this school of Christ He forever interceeds on my behalf.


He is able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the presence of His glory. Why? Where do I get this confidence? Because He said He would!


He is not surprised by anything. He knows the beginning from the end. Consider -


Colossians 1:16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him.




Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.


Our victory is in Jesus - Our Savior forever -


O come all ye faithful
joyful and triumphant
O come ye, O come ye
to Bethlehem;
Come and behold Him
born the King of angels;
O come let us adore Him
O come let us adore Him
O come let us adore Him
Christ the LORD.
Sing, choirs of angels,
sing in exultation
O sing, all ye bright hosts of heaven above;
Glory to God,
all Glory in the highest;
O come let us adore Him,
O come let us adore Him,
O come let us adore Him,
Christ the LORD.
Yea, LORD, we greet Thee,
born this happy morning,
Jesus, to Thee be all glory given;
Word of the Father,
now in flesh appearing;
O come let us adore Him,
O come let us adore Him
O come let us adore Him
Christ, the LORD.

No comments: