Wednesday, December 17, 2008

LOVE AFFAIR

How does Jesus see those that are His? From the heavens, looking down on this troubled planet, He has His own who are being formed by the Father into His bride.



Clean, spotless, victorious and washed in the blood of the Lamb. His blood cleanses from all sin and wickedness. Although I do not feel like this, I am sorry to say, most of the time while I battle issues that arise daily, this does not change the fact or my position in Him.



While reading last evening I came upon chapter 4 in the Song of Solomon. The love affair between Christ and you and I can be seen in this beautiful passage. No matter our feelings, our doubt or fear at any given time, this is how Christ, the Great Shepherd of His sheep sees us as a body of Believers, and as individuals:



" Behold, thou art fair, my love;
behold thou art fair, you have doves eyes within thy locks;
thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead."


"Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn,
which came up from the washing; (washing of the word)
whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them" (we are fruitful)


"Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely;
thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks." (we have a Christ centered mindset)


" Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armoury,
whereon there hang a thousand bucklers,
all shields of mighty men." (the armour of God that is ours)


" Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins,
which feed among the lilies." (His word sustains and nourishes us daily)


" Until the day break, and the shadows flee away,
I will get me to the mountain of myrrh,
and to the hill of frankincense." (in this present darkness, our prayer, which is a sweet incense to God, sustains and gives hope and comfort)


" Thou art all fair, my love;
there is no spot in thee." (wonderful words from Christ to us!)


" Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse,
with me from Lebanon; look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon,
from the lions dens, and from the mountain of leopards." (He is our refuge and help in these dark and dangerous places.)


" Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse;
thou hast ravished my heart with one look of thine eyes,
with one chain of thy neck." (this is how He sees us!)


"How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse!
how much better is thy love than wine!
and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! (our daily prayers of thanksgiving and praise to Him give Him much pleasure)


"Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb:
honey and milk are under thy tongue;
and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon."


" A garden enclosed is my sister, my spouse;
a spring shut up, a fountain sealed." (There is a secret place, or should be, where we meet the Bridegroom where no one else is allowed, a place of intimacy for our Loved One.)


" Thy plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits;
camphire with spikenard, spikenard and saffron;
calamus and cinnamon,
with all trees of frankincense;
myrrh and aloes,
with all the chief spices;" ( all of our various trials, grief, victories and prayer in this life add to our spices and incense to Him, they all serve a purpose and have an aroma that is only experienced in the heavens, the spiritual world).


" A fountain of gardens,
a well of living waters
and streams from Lebanon." (there is a river that flows from the throne and its streams, of which we are a part, bring great gladness and glory in the spiritual part of our being, to others, and to God.)


" Awake, O north wind;
and come thou south;
that the spices thereof may flow out.
Let my beloved come into His garden,
and eat His pleasant fruits." (The winds of adversity that blow into this secret place spread the sweet savor to a lost and dying world. There is nothing to fear, we are His garden, we produce His fruit, it is all for Him!)



JESUS, LOVER OF MY SOUL - Charles Wesley - 1740
Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Let me to Thy bosom fly,
While the nearer waters roll,
While the tempest still is high;
Hide me, O my Savior, hide,
Till the storm of life is past;
Safe into the haven guide;
O receive my soul at last!
Other refuge have I none;
Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, Ah! leave me not alone,
Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed,
All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head,
With the shadow of Thy wing.
Thou, O Christ, art all I want;
More than all in Thee I find;
Raise the fallen,
cheer the faint,
Heal the sick,
and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy name,
I am all unrighteousness;
False and full of sin am I,
Thou art full of truth and grace.
Plenteous grace with Thee is found,
Grace to cover all my sin;
Let the healing streams abound;
Make and keep me pure within.
Thou of life the fountain art,
Freely let me take of Thee;
Spring Thou up within my heart,
Rise to all eternity.

No comments: