Thursday, December 11, 2008

Who Is Like You?

Deuteronomy 33:27-29 says that the eternal God is our refuge and underneath us are His everlasting arms. Can we claim these promises? On the authority of Scripture, we can.



Galatians 3:29 says in God's kingdom "There is neither Jew nor Greek (gentiles), there is neither bound nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. "



The qualifier here is if you are Christ's. We are not our own; we have been bought with a price. Even Mary, the earthly mother of Christ had a realization of this when she prayed in Luke 1:54,55 "He (God) has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He has sent away empty. He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy."



Being a servant of the Almighty is a good position to be in. Underneath us, upholding us in all of our life are His everlasting arms. The verses in Deuteronomy continue to promise that He will thrust out the enemy from before us; and He shall say, "Destroy them." We are always confronted with enemies of one form or another. It can be debt, health, unbelief or other issues. Anything that stands between us and God I consider to be an enemy. All issues that interfere with doing His will is an enemy. He has promised to say "Destroy", and I take Him at His word.



He also promises that we will dwell in safety and the fountain of Jacob will be upon a land of corn and wine, and the heavens will drop their dew. Jesus said if we believe in Him that our of our innermost being will flow rivers of living water.



The verse concludes with " Happy art thou, O Israel: Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD; the shield of our help and the sword of our excellency! Our enemies will be found to be liars and we will tread upon their high places."




I have personalized these verses, and they read as such:
The eternal God is my refuge,
underneath me are His everlasting arms;
He will thrust out my enemies from before me and shall say "Destroy them!"



I will then dwell in safety and my fountain will once again be upon a land of corn and wine and His heavens will drop their dew.
Happy am I and who is like unto me, a person saved by the LORD,
He is the shield of my help and the sword of my excellency.



My enemies (doubt, fear, debt, anger) shall be exposed as liars and I will tread upon their high places (their former places of strength in my life).





No matter the difficulty, and there are many, we will come out of this thing winners and victorious in God!

No comments: