Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A NEW DAY

Everything that is, everything that has been, and everything that will be in the future are from God. When disaster strikes, when prosperity appears, when questions arise we have an Advocate with the Father, the man Jesus Christ. He is all, and in all.



During the seasons of judgment for disobedience our Heavenly Father offers a way of escape. That way is a sincere, heart changing return to His principles, His will and His law which is written upon the hearts of those who know Him.




During Israel's disobedience He created the mighty armies that arose against them to punish them. During their seasons of obedience He also defeated anything that arose against Israel. This principle will never change because He, and His ways do not change. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. There is no shadow of turning with Him. Unlike us, He does not wake up one morning in a foul mood and gripe, groan and readily rebuke anyone that comes across His path! He is described as a God of compassion, mercy and great forgiveness when true repentance occurs.



If necessary, He will create the chariot and the horse, the army and their power to oppose anything that rises up against Him, or anything that threatens His workings in us. Humankind has a tendecy to go its own way. When we realize our mistake(s), after a season of chastizement, which is often needed, His tender mercies are poured forth like an ocean. He will rebuke the enemies of our soul and declare that we are forgiven because we are in His Son. Even the forces that have arisen up to oppose us will have to admit that it is only He that can possibly give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert places. He gives drink to His people because we are His. He has set us aside as His special treasure among all the the worldly systems, beliefs, and forces that oppose Him as the only One and True God.



He does this not because of our righteousness; never! He does this to show forth His praise, His power, His soverienty over the affairs of men. We must not grow weary in this process. We must always remember who is God! In His great mercy He promises to blot our our transgressions and to not remember our sins. Our fathers have sinned, or priests have sinned, we have sinned; yet He willingly forgives. Such mercy!



He almost begs us to present our case before Him and defend our actions. He pleads for us to reason with Him, that we may somehow justify our actions. In the end, His will breaks forth as the rushing of mighty waters that have been restrained. He will pour water on those who are thirsty. He has brought us forth from the womb and we are never forgotten by Him; no matter how we feel at any given time. He is always there.



We will declare the praises of God and will be called by His Name. One shall say, "I am the LORD'S " another shall call themselves by the name of Jacob, another shall carve the LORD into everything that they do. The God of Israel is our God for He is the first and the last. He is the LORD of Hosts (armies). Only He knows the things that are coming. He has appointed the times and the seasons of the nations and of individuals. No one can change what He has set forth.



He admonishes those of us who declare that He is our God, and only Him, to have no fear; do not be afraid. We are His witnesses in this dark, lost and troubled world. The passages of Scripture from Isaiah confim these principles:



ISAIAH 43:13-28 and 44:1-8
" Yea, before the day was, I am He;
and here is none that can deliver out of My hand:
I will work, and who will change it?"



"Thus saith the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel;
for your sake I have sent unto Babylon (the world),
and have brought down all of their nobles, and the Chaldeans
whose cry is in the ships."



" I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King"



"Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea and a path in the mighty waters;
Which bringeth forth the chariot and the horse, the army and the power;
they shall lay down together, they shall not rise:
They are extinct, they are quenched like a candle wick."



"Remember ye not the former things,
neither the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing;
NOW IT SHALL SPRING FORTH (my caps)
shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness;
and rivers in the desert."



"The beast of the field shall honor Me,
the dragons and the owls:
because I give waters in the wilderness,
and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen."



"This people I have formed for Myself;
they shall show forth My praise.
But they have not called upon Me, O Jacob;
but thou hast been weary of Me, O Israel."



"Thou hast not brought Me the small cattle of thy burnt offerings,
neither hast thou honored Me with your sacrifices.
I have not caused you to serve with an offering,
nor wearied you with incense."



"Thou hast brought Me no sweet cane with money,
neither hast thou filled Me with the fat of thy sacrifices;
but thou hast made Me to serve with thy sins,
thou hast wearied Me with your iniquities."



" I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for My own sake,
and will not remember your sins.
Put Me in rememberance;
let us plead together:
declare thou, that thou mayest be justified."



"Thy first father hath sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against Me.
Therefore I have profaned the princes of the sancturary,
and have given Jacob to the curse,
and Israel to reproaches."



"Yet now hear, O Jacob, My servant:
and Israel, whom I have chosen:
Thus saith the LORD that made thee,
and formed thee from the womb,
which will help thee:
Fear not, O Jacob, My servant;
and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen."



"For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty,
and floods upon the dry ground:
I will pour My Spirit upon thy seed,
and My blessing upon thy offspring."



"And they shall spring up as among the grass,
as willows by the water courses.
One shall say, I am the LORD'S,
and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob;
and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the LORD,
and surname himself by the name of Israel."



"Thus saith the LORD,
the King of Israel,
and His Redeemer,
the LORD of Hosts;
I am the First,
and I am the Last;
and beside Me there is no God."



"And who as I, shall call, and shall declare it,
and set it in order for Me,
since I appointed the ancient people?
and the things that are coming, and shall come,
let them show unto them."



"Fear ye not, neither be afraid;
have not I told you from that time,
and have I not declared it?
Ye are even My witnesses.
Is there a God beside Me?
yea, there is no God,
I know not any."



Our Father rules over all. We are in His hands and no one, or nothing can seperate us from His love. Fear not! He is with us! Be not dismayed, He is our God!

No comments: