Wednesday, October 1, 2008

GLORY OF KEDAR

I was given a Scripture exactly one year ago this month. It is underlined in my Bible and I have kept going back to it. I have a personal reason to hold onto this passage; and I thought it was just for me, from God.



I now am confident that it is for all Believers. It concerns the glory of Kedar evaporating like smoke. The passage is in Isaiah Chapter 21:16: " For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of a hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail; and the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar shall be diminished: for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it."



The description of the word Kedar is darkness, a curse or to morn in sackcloth. Kedar was a son of Ishmael; the eternal enemy of Israel since the days of promise given by God. The seperation took place between the holy and unholy, the Godly mindset and character and the ungodly, angry, violent mindset of mankind. Given our present situation regarding the economic judgments that have just started in America, this verse is a mirror of our sins as a nation.



In the chambers of finance around the nation, devices have been used to trick millions of families into loans they could not afford and now it is payday. Dark secret sentences in contracts, with the hopes that all would work out as housing values continued to soar, have turned ordinary citizens into slaves at present, and possibly bankruptcy and homelessness in the near future. Our greed, our desire to get something from nothing has led us over the abyss.




In the same Chapter in Isaiah 21:2,3,and 4, I cry with the Prophet at what is happening. " A grievous vision is declared unto me; the treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam: besiege, O Media; all the sighing therof have I made to cease. Therefore are my loins filled with pain: pangs have taken hold upon me, as the pangs of a woman that travaileth: I was bowed down at the hearing of it; I was dismayed at the seeing of it. My heart panted, fearfulness affrighted me: the night of my pleasure hath He turned into fear unto me."



As I watch the economic news my heart pants and I am fearful. The night of my pleasure, the free wheeling, spending, project oriented side of me has, not slowly ground to a halt, but has been suddenly violently shaken. It is like hitting a brick wall at 120 miles an hour!



Last year, in September 2007, the verse speaking of the glory of Kedar falling within a year, I took to mean that I would be delivered from personal debt burdens. I now see the verse in new light. The glory of the entire Capitalist system we have forced on nations of the world has begun to collapse. I was listening the other evening on a National Public Radio program that economists from other nations where their governments have capitalized companies, gas and fuel concerns, banks and such, are laughing at the US economic system we have tried to push on their governments.



The dark system of greed, abundance, wealth and prosperity has fallen on its face. Our system has been exposed for what it is, bankrupt. The holders of wealth, stocks and bonds are not sleeping well of late. We are crying, as Isaiah did in Chapter 21:9,10, "And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen,. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods He hath broken unto the ground. O my threshing, and the corn of my floor: that which I have heard of the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, have I declared unto you."



The corn on my floor, the threshings of my work in the natural are truly laying on my threshing floor. All scents of Babylon in my life, finance, and thought life are being exposed and destroyed before my eyes. Only what is of, and for God will remain. He truly sits as a Refiner of gold and silver. He sits at the controls and adjusts the heat as needed!



I strongly feel in my spirit that the reason we are being judged in such severity is the stand our nation has taken on Israel. We have forced her to surrender land, His Land, and He has said that those who burden themselves with Jerusalem, His City, will be cut to pieces. Our economy is a perfect example. In one day, this past Monday, investors, bankers, mutual funds and companies lost 1.2 trillion dollars! The Dow Jones lost 777 points in one day. Tuesday it recovered 400 points and it was touted as a major rally! Everything will return to normal as soon as the Recovery Plan is passed by Congress. Such foolishness, such arrogance.



Jerusalem is now on the table in the secret, dark rooms of Kedar, the US Department of State. Here is what God says of Jerusalem~



Psalm 48
" Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God (Jerusalem)
in the mountain of His holiness.
Beautiful for situation,
the joy of the whole earth, is Mount Zion,
on the sides of the north,
the city of the Great King. "



" God is known in her palaces for a refuge.
For, lo, the kings were assembled,
they passed by together.
They saw it, and so they marvelled;
they were troubled and hasted away. "



" Fear took hold upon them there,
and pain,
as of a woman in travail.
Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an east wind.
As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of Host,
in the city of our God.
God will establish it forever. " Selah.



" We have thought of Thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of Thy temple.
According to Thy Name, O God,
so is Thy praise unto the ends of the earth;
Thy right hand is full of righteousness. "



" Let Mount Zion rejoice,
let the daughters of Judah be glad,
because of Thy judgments. "



" Walk about Zion, and go round about her:
tell the towers thereof.
Mark ye well her bulwarks,
consider her palaces;
that ye may tell it to the generation following. "



" For this God is our God forever and ever:
He will be our guide even unto death. "



Better that America had never heard of Israel or Jerusalem when this verse is taken into context. It is like someone who hears a salvation message and ignores it. It would be better for that person on the Day of Judgment if they had never heard, than to hear and reject.



We have touched the apple of God's eye. We are dividing His land. We are being punished. God does not have an American flag on His desk! We are just a nation, like all other nations. If we do not change course quickly and repent of our actions we will end up like a Third world nation; full of poverty, disease, hunger and homelessness. We are but dust on the scales.



Israel will survive. God has determined!

No comments: