PSALM 91 (personalized)
" He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High (El Elyon),
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty..."
Where is this secret place? It does not say he who "visits on occasion" this secret place; but he who DWELLS THERE. I relate this secret place to the Holy of Holies during the Temple period. The High Priest only entered this secret place once a year. When Christ was giving up His last human breath while on the cross, He cried out, "It Is Finished!"
The Bible says the veil separating the Holy of Holies was rent, torn, from top to bottom; from heaven to earth. The Father gave us access into that Holy Place, that Secret Place because of what Christ did on our behalf on the cross.
As we dwell in this secret place, dwell, not just visit, we are told we shall abide, live, under the shadow of the Almighty. In that context, we can say of the LORD that He is our Refuge and Fortress, our God in whom we trust.
As we dwell, live in this place, the following is a result:
* We are delivered from the snare, trap of the fowler and the noisome pestilence.
Traps will be set; we would not need deliverance if they were not. As long as we are here we have great opposition.
* He covers us with His feathers and we rest under His wings
Why would we need covering unless there was danger? There is great danger we will always face, but HE IS OUR HIDING PLACE.
* His truth (His word is truth) will be our shield and buckler. His word is what sustains and protects us.
* We will not be afraid of terror by night or the arrow that flies by day.
* Nor, of the pestilence that walks in darkness or the destruction that wastes at noonday. (we need to hold this thought and concept very close as the days of judgment approach; we will be living on these verses)
* A thousand may fall at our side, and ten thousand at our right hand; but it shall NOT come near us.
* With our eyes we will see the reward of the wicked.
* Because we have made the LORD, who is our Refuge, even the Most High our habitation (not just visiting occasionally, on Sunday perhaps, but He is our habitation, we live with Him continually)
* No evil shall befall us, neither shall any plague come near our dwelling.
* Because, He will give His angels charge over us, to keep us in all of our ways.
(our ways please Him because we dwell with Him...)
* His angels bear us up in their hands lest we dash my foot against a stone and can no longer operate.
* We will tread upon the lion and the serpent, the young lion and the dragon shall we trample under feet (demonic forces and anything that stands against God, resist them in the name of Jesus and they have to flee; this is a promise.)
* How can these be possible! Because He has set His love upon us and we have set our love upon Him. He will deliver us and set us up on high (in heavenly, spiritual places with Christ Jesus)
* Because I HAVE KNOWN HIS NAME. His name is His character, His ways, His eternal characteristics; He does not change.
* We call upon Him and HE WILL answer!
* He WILL be with us in trouble and deliver and honor us.
There will always be trouble, but He delivers!
* With long life will He satisfy us and show us His salvation.
If we dwell, not just visit, these promises are given. I can be in the secret place while working. I can dwell in the secret place while sleeping. I can dwell in the secret place while driving.
He is with us ALWAYS. Even to the end of the world.
Precious promises. What a wondrous Birthday Present!!