Friday, April 3, 2009

TRUST LIKE MT. ZION



Psalm 125: 1 says "Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion;
they shall not be moved."


Mount Zion, the holy mount of God! Am I like that? How far along am I in the process? Do I have that kind of trust in God or am I more like a little speed bump instead of a mountain?


While I was wondering how far along I am in the "trust" process, I thought of traveling with my parents as a child and asking a thousand times, "are we there yet..."


The word trust as explained in the Bible Concordance means to be confident, to be sure and secure. Psalm 125:1 is also saying that those who are confident, sure and secure in the LORD are as Mount Zion.


Psalm 37:40 says, " And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him." Psalm 56:11 says, " In God have I put my trust; I will not be afraid what man can do unto me." Psalm 62:8 says, "Trust in Him at all times; ye people ( that's you and me!) pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah."


Are we there yet?


When we arrive there is security, assurance and confidence, not in ourselves and our abilities, but our trust is IN HIM!

No comments: