Saturday, April 11, 2009

WOE UNTO US?


Amos 5:18~
Woe unto you who desire the Day of the LORD!
To what end is it for you?
The day of the LORD is darkness and not light.



As Yeshua (Jesus) was being led to His crucifixion He made a startling statement~

" For if they do these things when the tree is green,
what shall be done in the dry? "


We are heading for the consummation of all things on earth. Soon the Anti-Christ will confirm the covenant with many for one week (seven years); and in the middle of the week he will cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,


and for the overspreading of abominations he will make it (the temple and anything that stands for God) desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Daniel 9:27)


In context of what these Scriptures say, we can see with our spiritual eye the total abandon of societies all over the globe against anything that represents or speaks of a Holy God; a God that demands worship, honor and reverence.


The consummation of evil will take place; it has been determined. Sin reaching its fullness is like water pouring into a dam that was built; eventually it will reach the top of the dam and overflow. There is a cup of iniquity that God is watching and when sin and rebellion reaches the brim of that cup events on earth, coming from heaven, will increase substantially.


What of me and those I love and pray for? I can sense in my spirit that as these events unfold and as the pace quickens in the spiritual world, God will burn everything that is not pleasing to Him away from my spirit. There are things that I continue to cling onto that I do not even realize. These things must go!


The day of the LORD described by the Prophets are compared to a burning oven. Heat blasting against a strong wall; a fire-storm, so to speak. As horrible as this will seem to my human side, to the spiritual side it is a cleansing process and for my eternal good.


I want to see Jesus! I want to be raptured and avoid all of these things; but, another side of me wants to be acceptable to Christ when I enter into His presence. I am only going to enter into His presence one time, for the first time in person. I want that encounter to be something I am not ashamed of. It is like meeting the one you are going to marry and spend your earthly life with; if it is a special meeting it stays with us forever! I want my meeting with Christ to be like that. Seeing Him for the first time will be of eternal signifigance!


In His faithfulness and great mercies, He will do what is necessary for the meeting to be what it should be; but I have to be willing to submit to His dealings with me in the process! A burning oven, a cleansing is not pleasant to the natural man; but as Father Abraham said long ago, " Shall not the God of all the earth do right?" What He is doing is necessary or it would not be happening.


The consummation of evil spoken of by Daniel, Amos and Christ is upon us. This will continue to increase until every little thing that stands in opposition to God will be removed from this planet. As Believers we must intercede for the lost and dying, that they come to a full knowledge of what is happening and that repentance and salvation occur in the process.


The green tree Christ spoke of was crucified and paid the ultimate price for our salvation. The dry tree He also spoke of are the days in which we live. If the world system rejected Him, should we expect something different?


His desire is that we may be One. He will do what is necessary to bring His desire to fruition.


Hang loosely onto the things we have been accustomed to; He is at work and the heat is being increased. It is for our eternal good. The desire of our hearts should be to enter into His presence in the place that He has prepared for us with confidence that we have been good and faithful servants.

No comments: