Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TO THE END

Psalm 30 gives a beautiful picture of life. At the dedication of King David's house he offered this psalm and song. It can apply to each of us; I know that it applies to me ~


" I will extol Thee, O LORD;
for Thou hast lifted me up,
and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.


O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee,
and Thou hast healed me.
O LORD Thou hast brought up my soul from the grave:
Thou hast kept me alive,
that I should not go down to the pit.


Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of His,
and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.
For His anger endureth but for a moment;
in His favour is life:
weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning.


And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
LORD, by Thy favour Thou hast made my mountain to stand strong;
Thou didst hide Thy face, and I was troubled.


I cried to Thee, O LORD;
and unto the LORD I made supplication.
What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit?
Shall the dust praise Thee?
Shall the dust declare Thy truth?


Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me:
LORD, be Thou my helper.
Thou hast turned my mourning into dancing:
Thou hast put off my sackcloth,
and girded me with gladness:


To the end that I may glory and sing praise unto Thee,
and not be silent.
O LORD my God,
I will give thanks unto Thee forever. "


A little background, as we used to say at my previous employer, as to why this particular Psalm and Song of David blesses me ~

Over 10 years ago when I was gainfully employed making 90k dollars a year and the road I was on, and the road ahead as far as my eye could see looked like gold, I was secure on my mountain; a mountain I thought and was convinced that I had made for myself. But after a car accident, an injury, health issues in my new family and a revolving door of troubled children of friends and neighbors, the mountain began to shake, shutter and collapse.


Like David, bless this man's soul (he was not afraid to voice his troubles and deliverance's), like David said, " in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. God began to hide His face and I became very troubled. I cried out also to the LORD, " Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me; LORD, be my helper! "


I believe that in my foolishness, my thoughts of self sufficiency that His anger began to burn; but from an eternal perspective, it was but for a moment. I have truly had a weeping spirit and it has endured for many a night, but joy does come in the morning; the morning is time spent in His Presence where there is no darkness for those who realize their need for Him.


He has mercy for those who call out to Him. Do not depend on going to a "brother or a sister" in the LORD; do not depend on going to a "church or a fellowship", GO TO HIM! He is the great provider. He and only He can bring your soul up from the grave and keep you alive that you should not go down to the pit.


Pray as David prayed ~
* I cry unto Thee, heal me!
* By your favor make my mountain strong!
* What profit is there in my blood if I go down to the pit?
* Why do you hide Your face from my trouble?
* I am troubled!
* Will the dust praise you?
* How can I declare Your truth if my foes are victorious over me?


Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me! And He will!


But remember, WHY SHOULD HE?


" To the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent!
O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto Thee forever! "


In my night seasons, and their have been many, some of my own doing and some I believe straight from God, I have found that first their is disbelief, then fear, then anger, then I try to dig and claw my own way out of the darkness, but when God boxes you in and hides for a season, there is no where else to go but to Him.


Believe me, He knows how to pull your teeth, if necessary, without using a numbing agent! It is all dependant upon the hardness of our head and our heart. As we begin to see what He is doing a realization comes that it has all been necessary. In our great deliverance, in our victory over our enemies, we must praise Him for the great deliverance that only He can bring.


If we try to do it on our own, there is only more dark at the end of the tunnel. But if we yield, humble ourselves and run to Him in times of distress, their is joy and gladness as we realize that He cares for His children and we have gained great wisdom in the processes He has used; all for our benefit.


ALL THINGS work together for the good of those who love God!


He is a loving Father, a gentle Spirit, a Saviour who cared enough for our soul to come and die on our behalf. And in that death there followed a glorious Resurrection and glorious eternal body. These are the promises, this is the prospective, this must be our outlook in our travels on this troubled planet. He is ours, we are His, He has everything under control!

No comments: