I would like to pass along a few thoughts from Matthew Henry regarding the prayer life of King David; a man who is described as being after God's own heart ~
* Neither the crown on David's head nor the grace in his heart would exempt David from trouble (the same for us)
* Even the greatest men and women must be much in prayer.
* David, though a man of business, a man of war, was constant to his devotions.
* Though David had prophets and priests and many good people among his subjects to pray for him, he did not think that excused him from praying for himself.
* The Name of the LORD is a strong tower,
into which the righteous run (by faith) and are safe. ( Proverbs 18:10)
* David enabled to shelter himself in that strong tower many times in his life.
AND SO MUST WE!
Have a great week thinking upon Him.