Friday, April 16, 2010

REDEEMED!

Redeemed ~ to reclaim, to recover, to repossess, to repurchase.


A Redeemer ~ One who redeems!


We are the redeemed by the blood of the Lamb!


Something has been settled before the worlds were ever created. From the endless ages of eternity, God foreordained that there would be a people set apart that were His and His alone. We are those people!


I was reading in the Book of Isaiah chapter 63 that gives a beautiful picture of this process, and it has been a process. In a scene from the heavens and the mind of God, the Prophet sees One that has trodden the wine press alone; there were no people, not one with Him. The nations are trodden in His anger and He tramples them in His fury. All on behalf of His redeemed.


One day soon the nations and all in rebellion against God, even the enemy of our souls who torments us day and night will have their blood sprinkled upon His garments and His raiment will be stained. What Christ says is very important ~


" For the Day of Vengeance is in My heart,
and the year of My Redeemed has come. "


He said He looked and there was none to help in His treading of the wine press. He wondered that there was none to uphold. I feel this is a picture of His hour in the Garden when His followers were saddened in heart and fell asleep in their hour of His great trial. This is also a picture of our day when we are berated from all sides; as the Apostle said, we are cast down but not defeated, persecuted but not giving up...


Our Redeemer is well able to tread His wine press. The Angel's who reap the harvest are even now sharpening their sickles. One day soon, so very soon, the harvest will be taken. Christ will bring down the strength of the earth, the strongholds and principalities and powers that resist His Redeemed.


During this process our spiritual muscles are being worked, developed and our faith grows ever stronger in His ability to do what He said He is going to do. Do not lose heart! He is in total control, especially when things seem to be spinning out of control. For we are the:


REDEEMED
Redeemed how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
redeemed thro' His infinite mercy,
His child and forever I am.


Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.


I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.


I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose law I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.


REDEEMED, REDEEMED,
REDEEMED BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB;
REDEEMED, REDEEMED,
HIS CHILD AND FOREVER , I AM.
( Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915) ( William J. Kirkpatrick, 1838-1921)

No comments: