Saturday, July 23, 2011

Honor And Deliverance

Everyone has committed errors and made mistakes in their lives. They come back from time to time to haunt us and remind us of what we would truly be but for the mercy and grace of God. Our sins and misdeeds after forgiveness are cast into what God calls the depths of the sea; never to be recovered. But there is still something in human nature, I believe at the encouragement of our spiritual enemy that wants us to break out our fishing gear to go a fishing again for what has been forgotten from God's perspective.


Lamentations 3:19 says, "Remembering my affliction and my misery, the wormwood (poison) and the gall=my soul has them still in remembrance and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope;
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassion's fail not. "


Recalling our misdeeds, rebellions and sin to mind should not be an exercise of hopelessness; it should remind us and bring great praise and thanksgiving to our heart that we have a Heavenly Father that has far removed the guilty sentence we then deserved. The Blood of Jesus Christ cleanses from all sin and iniquity.


The Psalmist says in chapter 91:14,15,16 that God says, "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known My name. He shall call upon Me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation. "


This works for all of His children. The key to this mighty promise is in the first of the verses; Because they have set their love upon Me.


Love Him. Get intimate with Him. Tell Him how much He means to you every day. Set your love upon Him for the things of this world are passing away like smoke. The lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh, the pride of life are ever so temporary; do not waste a moment on such things.


He is coming in the clouds with great glory. He will one day soon take away those who are His to be with Him for eternity. Set your heart upon HIM!


I SURRENDER ALL ~ Judson W. Van de Venter 1855-1939

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.


I surrender all,
I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Saviour, wholly Thine;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.


I surrender all,
I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Saviour, wholly Thine,
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.


I surrender all,
I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give my self to Thee.
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.


I surrender all,
I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.

No comments: