Friday, April 6, 2012

God Shall Strengthen

I have had a trying week at work. Issues with my superiors never end. One fellow is an absolute terror and he does everything possible to make my job as miserable as he can. Even to the point of lying, false inferences to his superiors and even higher ups in the Administrative Staff in town. With great difficulty I am finally getting to a place where I can pray for this poor fellow when I realize that he is running out of time to make amends to all of the people he has defamed and caused great difficulty.


I really feel from the LORD that He has shown me the deeper side of our battles with people we do not particularly care for or even like. They need deep, serious prayer and intercession to God on their behalf. When I remember what God has done with me; His patience, love and mercy, I am humbled. How can God forgive one like me, and not this fellow also?


I was totally honest with God when I prayed about this the first time. I told God that I felt like such a hypocrite! Like I was lying to God when I prayed for this fellow's salvation from judgement. After this honest statement I started to see the eternal state of such people; even people I dislike. The LORD showed me in a real sense in my spirit that time is short. Never another chance after death to make amends, but judgment, never to be reversed.


I watched this fellow when there was an event at our school and although there were dozens of people gathered around eating and having a good social time enjoying each others company, there was this fellow, sitting by himself. Not a soul around him. I started to get offended that he, my supervisor did not tell the rest of the crew that the food was free, to come help ourselves, it did not take long for me to look at my waste line and realize I could do without a meal; do not get mad!


A poor, lost soul that is so miserable that he does not know what to do with himself. Only in Christ is there any comfort or rest. We are all running short on time to make things right in all areas. God is a great God of forgiveness, not willing that any should perish. Jesus died for all; He so love the world, not just us alone.


It does not take me long to think of the one person that I dislike the most; ;it is this fellow. I am getting over this through intercession on behalf of his salvation. God loves him as well as me. Although I was called in front of my superiors because of some of his actions to cause me harm, I pray for him.


Today in prayer before I took a nap, I was led to a passage of Scripture that explained for me what I have been going through. We can all use the concepts therein and apply it to our most difficult circumstances. God's word is eternal; like Him, it never changes. The passage is in Psalm 31:19-24~


" Oh how great is Thy goodness which Thou hath laid up for them that fear Thee; which Thou hath wrought for them that trust in Thee before the sons of men."


"Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy Presence from the pride of man: Thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues."


" Blessed be the LORD, for He hath shewed me His marvellous kindness in a strong city (a very difficult place). For I said in my haste, I am cut off forever before Thine eyes. (I felt vulnerable, hung out to dry and on my own until I prayed for those causing trouble)...

"Nevertheless (!) Thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto Thee. O love the LORD, all ye His saints:

for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer (God will eventually take care of our adversaries) Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."


No matter the issue; Fear God, Hope in God, Cry out and trust Him. Do nothing in haste, He will hide and keep us. He has a pavilion in which we can run. He preserves His faithful because He has said He would. We have an entire Bible of examples of Him doing so; usually at the last minute. Brother David Wilkerson used to say that the hardest part of faith is the "last half hour"!


The Psalmist says "He prepares a table for me in the presence of mine enemies"! A table is for dining and conversation and there is food at a this particular table of enemies that contains a meat we do not usually get to eat! God prepared that table. Do not run, He serves the dish! Oh how much we learn as we go to that table! He is also Master of the occasion and nothing will happen that He would not allow. We learn through the entire meal.

Hope in the LORD, not ourselves, again I say, Hope in the LORD!

No comments: