Thursday, May 28, 2009

'TIS SO SWEET

'TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word,
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know thus saith the LORD.
O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood,
Just in simple faith to plunge me,
neath the healing, cleansing flood.
Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
just from sin and self to cease,
Just from Jesus simply taking,
life, and joy, and rest and peace.
I'm so glad I learn'd to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Saviour, Friend,
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me til the end.
JESUS, JESUS,
HOW I TRUST HIM,
HOW I'VE PROVED HIM O'ER AND O'ER
JESUS, JESUS, PRECIOUS JESUS!
O FOR GRACE TO TRUST HIM MORE.
Louisa M. R. Stead 1830-1917 William J. Kirkpatrick 1838-1921

No comments: