Friday, November 11, 2011

I sometimes have difficulty opening my prayer to God, uncertain of what to say or I may fear that He tires of me saying the same thing. The Book of Isaiah and Psalms, words breathed by the Spirit of God Himself and penned by men and women is a good place to study the duty and necessity of prayer.


" O LORD of Hosts (heavens armies) God of Israel,
You who dwell between the cherubims- " 


" You are God, even You alone of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. Incline Your ear and hear:


Open Your eyes O LORD and see; and hear the words of my prayer to You- " ( Isaiah 37:16,17)

and

" But You, O LORD, are a shield unto me; You are my glory and the lifter up of my head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill."


" I laid me down and slept; I awakened; for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands people that set themselves against me round about."


" Arise, O LORD, save me, O my God, for Thou hast smitten all my enemies on the cheek bone - You have broken the teeth of the ungodly. Salvation belongs to the LORD - Thy blessing is upon Thy people. " ( Psalm 3: 3-8)

No comments: