Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stand Up!

I have been reading about several men in Scripture who met God in circumstances no one else I know has experienced. In Acts 26:16 Saul (later Paul) fell off of his horse when he was confronted by a bright, blinding light. The light was so intense Saul lost his eye sight. The encounter is recorded thus ~


" Jesus said, "Saul, why persecutest thou Me? It is hard for you to kick against the pricks (his conscience) "Who are You, LORD?" I AM Jesus whom you persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet..."



In the Book of Daniel,(10:9-11) it is recorded by Daniel "heard the voice of His words: and when I heard the voice of His words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face was toward the ground. And behold, a Hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands. And He said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words I speak unto you, and stand upright...." 



Ezekiel speaks several times of the Spirit of the LORD getting hold of him and lifting him up from a sitting or laying position. In Job's ultimate encounter with God, at the end of his grievious trials God told him "Gird up your loins like a man (get yourself together!) for I will demand of you, and answer thou Me! (Job 38:3)



These examples of close encounters when God appears on the scene in a powerful, unusual way, are given for a reason, I believe. We have to get up, stand up during our despair and wonderment of our situation and realize Who is speaking to us and what our position is in Him. The enemy is not the victor. Christ has told us many times in Scripture that He is the victorious One. We are not just going to be seated with Him at some future date; we have a position in Heavenly places with Him right now!



In times of great trial we must stand, and having done all we can through prayer, petitions and faith, continue to stand upon His promises. Christ never wavers or changes His words like men do. He is God! He does not change.


Ephesians 6:12-18 wraps up this thought very nicely. It says ~


" For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the firey darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God."


He identifies with our weakness; do not lose heart. We must realize our weakness and recognize that we can never do it on our own. It is not something in ourselves we try to work up; it is done by and through Him. It is His responsibility and He never fails.


Isaiah 63:6 says, "In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the Angel of His Presence saved them: in His love and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bare them, and carried them all the days of old."


We have great spiritual authority in and through Christ in us. Whatever we are going through will eventually, and it is a process that takes time, bring maturity, patience and obedience to the Spirit of God. The end result of our increased faith also brings great spiritual authority.

The final result is that Christ is magnified and glorified through our prayers, faith and patience. Jeremiah 1:7-10 m;akes the point of our position when we reach this place in Christ ~


" But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I send thee and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. Then the LORD put forth His hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put My words into thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, and to build and to plant..."


These promises in Jeremiah are for us. They are an exact mirror of the evil powers and strongholds mentioned by Paul in Ephesians 6. These are times to stand up! Realize and claim the authority Christ has given us; authority in our homes, with our families, town, state and nation.


Stand. And having done all, Stand!

No comments: