Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bible League letter

Middle East - Muslim seeker meets her creator

Lina’s life was over, or so she believed. Before giving up all hope, she decided to try finding God.
“For the last 40 years, my life was miserable,” Lina says. “I never experienced happiness.”


Lina had lived in despair for so long that nothing mattered to her anymore. She had lost important relationships and was filled with loneliness. Living in a patriarchal society and a culture that often treats women disrespectfully just added to her pain.


“I was at a point where I seriously wanted to end my life,” Lina continues. “Then one day, a lady from Bible League came to our village. When she stayed, continuing to work and minister here, I was surprised. She started a new church, a Christian church. When I heard about this church, I decided to go there and try her God before I died.”


One evening, Lina visited one of the larger houses in her village. When she entered she saw a group of men and women studying together. Some of them were holding a large book and when they noticed her, they invited her to join them. They were studying the Bible. She had heard about the Bible but had never seen one before. In fact, she had never even met a Christian.


“That night was a great night for me,” Lina says. “I met my Creator. For the first time in my life, great joy came and touched my heart. Soon, I gave my life to Jesus. He changed my whole life. Praise God! Thank you Bible League. I appreciate your ministry.”


Last year, more than 44,000 people in the Middle East participated in a Bible League Project Philip Bible study and as a result 13,239 became Christians and joined a local church plant. Praise God!
To provide much-needed Bibles and Bible studies that our Bible League workers can use to reach out to Muslim seekers please consider making a donation.

Donate Now

No comments: