Friday, March 9, 2012

His Habitation

We believe that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit as scripture says. God's desire is to dwell with mankind. From the beginning of human history God came in the cool of the day to commune with Adam in the Garden of Eden. From day one, He was very involved in our existence because He created us in His image. For Him to deny us would be denying Himself.


" But Thou art Holy, O Thou that inhabitest the praise of Israel." (Psalm 22:3) He inhabits our praise! Praise Him more, He stays around longer! Where He dwells there is fullness of joy and healing.


"He is our God (not another) He is our praise. He has done great and terrible things which our eyes have seen." (Deuteronomy 10:21) As we look back over our lives we can remember direct intervention by God on our behalf. The Children of Israel could remember the parting of the Red Sea, the great deliverance from  bondage, water coming out of a rock and angel food falling from the skies. We also have seen water coming from very hard, difficult places. We have feasted on the presence of Christ in our rough places. He always comes through. The more difficult the trial, the greater the deliverance.



" The LORD is my strength and song, He has become my salvation. He is my God and I will prepare for Him a habitation. He is my father's God and I will exalt Him." (Exodus 15:2)



Thank Him for deliverance. Thank Him for always being there, even when we do not feel Him. King David said, "Where can I go from Your presence? If I go to the depths of hell, You are there, if I go to the highest Heaven, You are there." He is always there because He created everything that exists!


"The LORD is my Rock; my Fortress, my Deliverer, my God, my Strength in whom I trust; He is my Buckler (Sustainer) He is the Horn of my salvation and my High Tower. I will call upon the LORD who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.


We are surrounded by enemies; some of  our own making and some very strong spiritual forces of darkness; but God is over and above all. They can go so far, and no farther.


Cry out to Him today. Make it a daily habit to recognize Him, praise Him and worship Him as we go about our daily duties. King David tended sheep and as a small child Christ was raised in a carpenters shop; both working in their trades of the day. We can develop a habit of praise no matter our occupation. It is  good to offer praise to the One great and True God of all creation.


He enjoys our company!

No comments: